In this paper we have analyzed the different types of gearbox in use of an extrusion process. The type of gears, bearing and their arrangement used as according to power transmitted, working speed range and type of lubrication used. In the light of information gathered and considering our problem, we decided to design a two stage reduction gear box using single helical gears. Now, as according to the power to be transmitted (20 K.W) velocity ratio per stage decided (4- For the first stage, 5- for the second stage) we designed the helical gears taking helix angle as 18o and pressure angle as 20o.. Using the various loads we calculated the diameters of different shafts now the bearings were attached to the shaft on the basis of their diameter, reactions were calculated on the bearings and then according to these reactions bearing were selected.The modeling and design of the reducer gear box has been done with the help of ProE and C ++ Language respectively.
Plastic extrusion, Helical gears box, C++ Language, Analytical analysis
1. E. Shigley “Mechanical engineering design” Tata McGraw hill Publication ,1985
2. V. B. Bhandhari, “Machine Elements” Tata McGraw hill Publication, 2008
3. K. Lingaiah “Machine Design Data Hand Book, Vol II , Suma Publishers, Bangalore, 1984.
4. G. M. Maitra “Hand book of gear Design”, Tata McGraw Hill Publication, 2005.
5. Yashavant Kanetkar “Let Us C” BPB publication 2006.
[Nikhil Gupta , Krishna Kumar Karothiya , Sumer Singh (2016) Design and Drafting of a Gear Box for Plastic Extrusion Process IJIREM Vol-3 Issue-2 Page No-99-102] (ISSN 2350 - 0557). www.ijirem.org
Mechanical Engineering Department, IIMT College of Engineering, Greater Noida (U.P.) India