This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)
Devender Kumar Suthar , Sabhilesh Singh
In this paper, our work presents the comparison of irregular steel structures with or without diagrids according to earthquake conditions proposed in IS 1893:2016. An irregular 2B + G+18 story steel building with plan size (15 m x15 m), located in zone IV having medium soil conditions is considered for analysis. The modelling and analysis are carried out using ETABS 2019 software. All structural members are designed as per IS456:2000. Analysis and study of both steel buildings, taking into account the dynamic analysis along the wind and the lateral effects of the wind and all load combinations confirming the I.S code. Building models are analyzed by ETABS 2019 software to study the effect of maximum storey displacement, maximum storey drift, base reactions, storey stiffness and storey forces etc.
1) M Satya Sai Kiran Chowdary, Himath Kumar Y and Lingeshwaran N Sci. “Seismic analysis of tall concrete and steel diagrid structure using response spectrum and time history method in e-tabs”N Sci. Eng. 1136 012035 6th-7th March 2021, Madhya Pradesh, India
2) H M Meghana, Sabyath P Shetty “a review of the diagrid structural system for skyscraper steel structures”e-ISSN: 2582-5208 Volume:03/Issue:08/August- 2021
3) Vahid Mohsenian, Saman Padashpour, Iman Hajirasouliha Volume 29, May 2020, 101168
4) Chetan S.Pattar1, Prof. Smt. Varsha Gokak (e-ISSN: 2395-0056, pISSN: 2395-0072, Volume: 05 Issue: 08 | Aug 2018)
5) Vinay.A.C1, Manjunath.N.Hegde2 e-ISSN: 2395-0056 p-ISSN: 2395-0072 Volume: 04 Issue: 09 | Sep -2017
6) Samsul A Rahman Sidik Hasibuan , Faqih Ma’arif, Baskoro Abdi Praja. Non-Linear Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Frame Structure with Vertical Irregularities International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer Science and Technology (IJIRCST), 11(1). doi:10.55524/ijircst.2023.11.1.10.
7) Harish Varsani, Narendra Pokar & Dipesh Gandhi(ISSN(O):2393-9877, ISSN(P): 2394-2444, Volume 2,Issue 1, January- 2015)
Department of Civil Engineering, JECRC University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
No. of Downloads: 23 | No. of Views: 261